The Deal: One of the Top Merit Scholarships in the Nation
What makes the Flinn Scholarship one of the most competitive and prestigious undergraduate awards in the United States goes far beyond its quantifiable components. But it’s true: The Deal that every Flinn Scholar enjoys is unparalleled.
For starters, each Scholar receives from one of Arizona’s three public universities a scholarship to cover the full cost of tuition and mandatory fees for eight semesters. We top that off with more than $58,000 in additional support. (Altogether, if you're counting, that's a total exceeding $100,000.) And, as many Scholars have attested, the scholarship's non-monetary benefits are still more valuable.
Altogether, each Flinn Scholar receives:
- Generous funding covering nearly all tuition and mandatory fees, room and board, books, and supplies;
- a three-week, all-expenses paid summer seminar after the freshman year (in the company of one’s entire class of Scholars);
- additional funding for at least one more international study-travel experience and further professional development.
Just as important, each Flinn Scholar enjoys:
- individual mentoring by top university faculty, community leaders, Foundation staff, and Flinn Scholar alumni with aligned interests;
- supplemental intellectual, cultural and social activities developed exclusively for Flinn Scholars by both the Foundation and the universities;
- personal encounters with global leaders in business, government, education, science, and the arts;
- membership in a university honors program/college, with the many amenities it provides, such as small classes, guest lectures, and research experiences;
- fellowship in a community of similarly high-achieving students.